Our commitment to your privacy
Art of Motion Pursuit of Movement Pty Ltd ACN 608 255 358 and its related bodies corporate (Art of Motion Pursuit of Movement, we, our, us) recognise the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information We are particularly sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet, including our digital applications.
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
In general, you can browse our website and other Art of Motion Pursuit of Movement owned digital properties without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, there are a few places where we give you an opportunity to provide us with your personal information, such as completing an online survey. In other instances we may be required to collect your personal information, such as when you purchase a product from us using a credit card.
The types of personal information we collect from you may include the following:
- Your name;
- Contact details such as your mailing or street address, email address and telephone number;
- Age or birth date;
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect your IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, to measure the use of our website and to improve the content of our website. In short we use your IP to gather aggregate demographic information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- Through your access and use of our websites;
- When you complete an application or purchase order or request product information or manuals;
- If you enter a contest or sweepstake;
- If you connect to Art of Motion Pursuit of Movement Wi-Fi network;
- If you connect with us via a social network;
- When you set up and maintain a user account;
- When you complete a customer survey or send us feedback; or
- During conversations between you and our representatives.
If you choose to share any personal information with us, you will see that the amount and type of personal information we request depend on how you use our website.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- Art of Motion Pursuit of Movement App
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- We may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- We may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide products or services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- To answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services, as well as to contact you regarding administrative notices;
- To provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- To assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
- To conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- For the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Art of Motion Pursuit of Movement, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- To provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- Your credit card details will be released to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products purchased on our website; suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- Any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com via the contact details below or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
Our commitment to security of your personal information
We want you to have continuing trust in Art of Motion Pursuit of Movement and in our products and services and so we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfilment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
firstname.lastname@example.org please include your name, address and email address when you contact us.